Diploma in Indian Head Massage
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Indian Head Massage
LEVEL MQF Level 4
ECTS CREDITS 39
Indian head massage is one of the great number of treatments originating
from Eastern philosophies which is now widely available in beauty salons,
spas and hairdressing salons across the world. Our course leads students
to a Local and an International qualification to gain employment in the
Complementary Therapy Industry. The Diploma Certificate is approved by
the specialist awarding bodies iTEC & VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention
(COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and
VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
ATTENDANCE Two hours, one day a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Two Mandatory Units:
1. Indian Head Massage
2. Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €250 and 2 monthly installments of
- Learners learn the use of techniques such as classical Indian head
massage movements, massage mediums and adapting the
treatment to meet the clients’ specific treatment needs.
- The learner will also develop knowledge about current legislation
and working practice requirements and client care and
communication which is essential to work and be successful in the
industry. This qualification also provides.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the
massage skills listed above effectively, in particular the anatomy and
physiology of the body and common diseases and disorders that
may affect when a client should or should not receive treatment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of
- Knowledge and understanding of professional conduct and business
awareness in a complementary therapy context.
- Opportunities for learners to focus on the development of their wider
skills in a massage setting such as communicating with clients,
working with others and problem solving.
- Opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills, techniques,
personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance
in employment as an Indian head massage therapist.