BECOME A PROFESSIONAL
Certificate for Beauty Specialists
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Certificate for Beauty Specialists
LEVEL MQF Level 3
ECTS CREDITS. 17
The main aim of this course is to enable learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide facial skincare and eye treatments to the general public. It leads students to a Local and an International qualification to gain employment in the Beauty Industry as Skincare Therapists. The Certificate is approved by the specialist awarding bodies iTEC & VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services
ATTENDANCE Eight hours split into two days a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Two Mandatory Units:
1. Skincare & Eye Treatments
2. Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already obtained
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €250 and 3 monthly installments of €200
- How to professionally carry out a deep cleansing facial.
- Carry out a consultation and understand the contra-indications to skincare and eye treatments.
- Care of the skin including superficial cleansing, toning, skin analysis, pre-heat treatments, exfoliation, facial massage, the use of face masks, eye creams, serums and moisturisers.
- Learn about the cosmetic science of skincare products including the source and uses of cosmetic ingredients and the effects of natural ingredients.
- Demonstrate how to extract comedones (blackheads) or milia (whiteheads) with the following methods: use of sterilised cotton wool or sterilised tissues, comedone extractor and lance.
- Learning hot to mix eyebrow and eye lash tints and how to safely and effectively apply them.
- Learn how to bleach facial hair.
- Learn how to tweeze and shape eyebrows according to the client’s face shape whilst supporting the skin correctly, measure the eyebrows accurately and understand the different eyebrow shapes.
- Learn the diseases, disorders and conditions that are related to the skin, including skin diseases.
- Learn the different layers of the skin including their structure and function, specialised cells and different functions.
- Learn the anatomy and physiology of the cells and tissues, skeletal system, muscular system, circulatory system, lymphatic system and nervous system in relation to the cranium, face, shoulder, chest and neck.