BECOME A PROFESSIONAL
Certificate in Make-up
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Certificate in Make-up
LEVEL MQF Level 3
ECTS CREDITS 12
This course is designed for those individuals that want to start providing make-up services as a profession. Learners develop a range of skills, techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in employment as a make-up artist. This course leads students to a Local and an International qualification to gain employment in the Beauty Industry as a Make-up Artist. The Certificate is approved by the specialist awarding bodies iTEC & VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Make-up Services
ATTENDANCE Eight hours split into two days a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Two Mandatory Units:
2. Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already obtained
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €175 and 1 monthly installments of €175
- The related knowledge and understanding in recognition of skin types and skin conditions, diseases and disorders and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated.
- Learn the importance of consulting and communicating with the client tactfully and accurately.
- Application of all make-up products – to include skin analysis, preparation of the skin, recognition of face, nose, eye and lip shapes, corrective make-up, airbrush make-up and day, evening, special occasion and bridal make-up.
- Learn how to select make-up according to the occasion, client colouring, age and preferences.
- Learn how lighting may affect the application and finished result of make-up.
- Identify and use the appropriate correction for different face shapes, eye shapes, skin tones, nose shapes, lip shapes.
- Learn about the appropriate cosmetics that should be selected according to the skin type to including: Pre-base/primer; Corrective base creams; Foundation (Cream, Matte, Liquid, Mousse, Gel, Light reflecting, All-in-one, Mineral); Concealer; Powder; Blusher; Shader; Highlighter; Eye shadow; Eyeliner (Pencil, Liquid, Gel); Brow products; Mascara; Lip liner; Lipstick; Lip gloss.
- Learn about cosmetic science in relation to skin care products, the different main ingredients in colour cosmetics.
- Identify the different types of make-up brushes and sponges.
- Prepare a safe and hygienic environment for a make-up treatment with the correct equipment, make-up brushes and products.