Certificate in Manicure & Pedicure
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Certificate in Waxing
LEVEL MQF Level 3
ECTS CREDITS 14
Our Waxing Course is designed for those looking to learn how to safely and
successfully carry out deluxe manicure and pedicure treatments and offer
these services to clients. This course leads students to a Local and an
International qualification to gain employment in the Beauty Industry as
Manicurists and Pedicurists. The Certificate is approved by the specialist
awarding bodies iTEC & VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention
(COVID-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services
ATTENDANCE Eight hours split into two days a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Two Mandatory Units:
1. Manicure & Pedicure
2. Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €250 and 3 monthly installments of
- Carry out a consultation and understand the contra-indications to
manicure and pedicure treatments.
- Perform manicure and pedicure treatments professionally, safely
- Prepare a safe and hygienic environment with the correct
equipment, tools and products.
- Learn about the structure of the nail and the surrounding tissues
including: free edge, hyponychium, eponychium, paronychium,
lunula, mantle, cuticle, nail plate, nail bed, nail fold, matrix & nail wall.
- Learn the different nail diseases and disorders including paronychia,
leukonychia, onychatrophy, onychomycosis, onychorrexis,
onychauxis and more.
- Understand the different specialised nail treatments including: hot
oil, paraffin wax, hand masks, foot masks, exfoliation, thermal
- Know the anatomy & physiology in relation to manicure and
pedicure treatments including the skeletal system, the muscular
system, the circulatory system and the lymphatic system.
- Developing knowledge about related health and safety, client care