BECOME A PROFESSIONAL
Certificate in Waxing
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Certificate in Waxing
LEVEL MQF Level 3
ECTS CREDITS 14
This course is designed for those looking to learn how to safely and
successfully carry out a variety of waxing treatments, and offer these
services to clients. This course leads students to a Local and an
International qualification to gain employment in the Beauty Industry as
Waxing Therapists. The Certificate is approved by the specialist awarding
bodies iTEC and VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention
(COVID-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services
ATTENDANCE Eight hours split into two days a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Two Mandatory Units:
2. Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €150 and 3 monthly installments of
- Carry out a consultation and understand the contra-indications to
- Prepare a safe and hygienic environment for a waxing treatment
with the correct equipment, tools and products.
- Developing knowledge about related health and safety, client care
- Demonstrate a safe and effective application and removal of warm
wax and hot wax.
- Being able to carry waxing treatments in the following areas: Under
arms; Back; Chest; Abdomen Bikini Line; Brazilian; Hollywood; Leg; Lip;
Chin; Forearms; Eyebrows.
- Understand the composition and ingredients of the depilatory
products used - warm wax and hot wax.
- Explain other forms of depilation to clients and knowing the
advantages and disadvantages of each method.
- Learn the position, structure and function of the skin including its
layers and specialised cells.
- Learn the anatomy & physiology and the hair; the different hair
types; factors which affect hair growth; the hair growth cycle.
- Learn the endocrine system in relation to waxing treatments
including the main endocrine glands and the hormones they secrete.
- Learn the diseases, disorders and conditions that are related to the
skin, hair and endocrine system or any diseases that are
contraindicated to waxing treatments.