Diploma for Beauty Specialists
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Diploma for Beauty Specialists
LEVEL MQF Level 3
ECTS CREDITS 39
The Beauty Specialist Course has always been one of our most popular
courses since it provides a platform for countless therapies in the Beauty
Industry. Our course leads students to a Local and an International
qualification to gain employment in the Beauty Industry as Beauty
Specialists. The Diploma Certificate is approved by the specialist
awarding bodies iTEC and VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention
(COVID-19) for Beauty Therapy and Nail Services
ATTENDANCE Eight hours split into two days a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Six Mandatory Units:
1. Skincare & Eye Treatments
3. Manicure & Pedicure
5. Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
6. Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €500 and 8 monthly installments of
- Carrying out Deep cleansing facial treatments including the Care of
the Skin, Performing a Consultation, Skin Analysis, Cleansing, Toning,
Exfoliation, Comedone Extraction, Facial massage, Face Masks, Eye
Creams, Serums and Moisturisers and their Ingredients, Eyebrow
shaping, Eyebrow and Lash tinting.
- Performing Manicure and Pedicure Treatments including the Care of
the Hands and Feet, Diseases and Disorders affecting the Nails,
Specialised treatments including Exfoliation, Hot Oil Treatments and
Paraffin Wax Application.
- How to apply Make-up including all make-up products and
recognition of face shapes and corrective make-up.
- How to carry out Waxing treatments including the removal of hair
using Cool wax and Hot wax.
- Learn ingredients in cosmetic skincare, manicure and pedicure
products, waxing products and make-up.
- Learn the anatomy & physiology in relation to the related treatments
including cells and tissues, the integumentary system, the skeletal
system, the muscular system, the circulatory system, the lymphatic
system, the nervous system and the endocrine system.
- Developing knowledge about related Health and Safety, Client Care
- Developing knowledge and understanding required to set up a New
Business, Principals of Finance and Costings of treatments.