BECOME A PROFESSIONAL
Diploma in Holistic Massage
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
LEVEL MQF Level 4
ECTS CREDITS 41
The Holistic Massage Course is the most popular course at our school, since it provides a platform for other massage and complementary therapies, such as Sports Massage, Reflexology, Aromatherapy and Thai Massage. Our course leads students to a Local and an International qualification to gain employment in the Complementary Therapy Industry as Massage Therapists.
The Diploma Certificate is approved by the specialist awarding bodies iTEC & VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary Therapies and Sports Massage
ATTENDANCE Five hours split into two days a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Four Mandatory Units:
1. Anatomy & Physiology
2. Holistic Massage
3. Professional Conduct & Business Awareness
4. Infection Prevention (COVID-19)
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €500 and 5 monthly installments of €230
- Consultation techniques including understanding the needs of clients and when and when not to treat them, Contraindications, Referral procedures explaining possible contra-actions and providing aftercare and home care advice.
- Holistic Massage techniques including selecting a suitable Massage Medium for the client’s skin type, Classical Massage Movements and adapting the treatment to the client’s specific needs, Care of the Therapist in order to prevent Repetitive Strain Injuries.
- Learning in detail about the Human Anatomy & Physiology including Anatomical Terms & Directions, Cell & Tissues, The Skin, The Skeletal System, The Muscular System, The Cardiovascular System, The Nervous System, The Lymphatic System, The Digestive System, The Endocrine System, The Urinary System, The Respiratory System, The Reproductive System.
- Learning about Diseases and Disorders related to each of the Organ Systems mentioned above.
- Developing knowledge about related Health and Safety, Client Care and Communication.
- Developing knowledge and understanding required to set up a New Business, Principals of Finance and Costings of treatments.