Diploma in Reflexology
About the Course
TITLE VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology Treatments
LEVEL MQF Level 4
ECTS CREDITS 43
The Reflexology Course is a very interesting course. The theory behind this
beautiful gentle therapy is that areas in the feet correspond to organs and
systems of the body. Pressure applied to the foot is believed to bring
relaxation and healing to the corresponding area of the body.
Our course leads students to a Local and an International qualification to
gain employment in the Complementary Therapy Industry as
The Diploma Certificate is approved by the specialist awarding bodies
iTEC & VTCT.
PRE-REQUISITES - VTCT (iTEC) Level 3 Diploma in Holistic Massage
- VTCT (iTEC) Level 2 Award in Infection
Prevention (COVID-19) for Complementary
Therapies and Sports Massage
ATTENDANCE 2 hours , one day a week
STUDY UNIT TYPE Theory (Online), Practice (School Premises)
STUDY MATERIAL Recorded Lectures, PowerPoints, Notes, Worksheets
COURSE CONTENT Two Mandatory Units:
- Infection Prevention (COVID-19), if not already
ASSESSMENT External Practice Exam
External Theory Exam
Portfolio of Evidence of Treatments
PAYMENT TERMS Easy Payment Scheme
Deposit of €500 and 3 monthly installments of €250
- Consultation techniques including understanding the needs of
clients, when and not to treat them.
- How to carry out a visual analysis of the feet, Maintaining a
- Perform Relaxation Techniques and Supporting the feet correctly;
- Perform Reflexology techniques such as thumb walking, finger
walking, pivot, hook and rocking; Adapting the techniques to suit the
client’s specific needs; Locating zones, Transfer lines and Cross
reflexes on the hands and feet.
- Health, safety and hygiene, contextualised to the environment in
which the Learner is working.
- The related knowledge and understanding required to perform the
Reflexology skills listed above effectively in particular the Anatomy
and Physiology of the Skin, Nails, Feet and Common Diseases and
Disorders that may affect when a client.
- Opportunities for Learners to focus on the development of their wider
skills in a Reflexology setting; developing attitudes essential for
success performance in employment as a Reflexologist;
Communicating with clients and other colleagues.